Can Stress Cause a Constant Headache?
Can stress cause a constant headache? YES, it can!
Most common headaches that are caused by stress is the day to day activities, usually the daily pet peeve. Like being in a rush and getting stuck in a traffic jam or looking for something that you have misplaced and not being able to find it.
Headaches are a common response to stress. There are many different types of headaches, such as migraines, tension-type headaches, cluster headaches, and cervicogenic headaches.
Did you know the most common underlying cause of constant headaches is a problem in the upper neck? We have LIVE class every first Tuesdays of the month!
Tension-type headaches also called “stress headaches” usually the most common type for adults. According to WebMD, up to 80% in the U.S. get this type of headache from time to time and women are most likely to experience than men.
Stress is the most commonly recognized trigger of headaches according to the National Headache Foundation. Our daily struggle cannot be completely avoided but learning how to deal with it can prevent headaches.
How to prevent daily stress:
- Stay calm and relax. This can help you reduce stress symptoms like headaches or migraines. Practice relaxation mood like meditation, yoga and deep breathing every day. Usually can be done 10-15 minutes.
- Exercise on a regular basis. Proven to be a stress reliever.
- Sleep well. Lack of sleep can cause you stress because you would not be able to think properly and not be able to be productive. Feeling grumpy all day long that will lead you to stress.
- Stay positive and don’t worry too much. Always think one at a time. It’s not the end of the world.
- Eat well. Lots of fruits and vegetables on your daily diet can give you a lot of energy to help you avoid stress.
IF you do all this and still suffer…
Then call me. There may be an underlying problem that is preventing your body from recovering from stress and functioning properly. It is NOT NORMAL to be experiencing headaches every day – even if you are under a lot of stress.
The most common underlying problem is a problem in the neck and with the nervous system. Do not hesitate to schedule a consultation with us, and get it checked out. With a simple 15-minute consultation we get down to the root of the cause and get you on the path of being well again.
Team Specific Kauai